„Pseudonymised Data“means information and data on any data subject or individual categories and groups of data subjects that have been anonymised and processed in such a manner that these can no longer be attributable to an identified specific natural person without the use of additional information.
„Processor“ means a person, other than the Controller, that in a specific case processes Personal Data on behalf of the Controller.
„GDPR“ means the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
„Portal“ means websites and their parts using the domain http://slovakiatech.sk/ operated by us.
„Act on Personal Data Protection“ means Act No. 18/2018 Coll. on Personal Data Protection as amended.
We process your Personal Data in accordance with GDPR and the Act on Personal Data Protection.
A. A. Processing your Personal Data in connection with conference attendance
Wording of Consent to Processing Personal Data
Conditions for consent
This consent to the processing of personal data pertains to the processing of Personal Data provided by you in the process of your registration for technical or other conferences organised by us, and to the conditions under which the Personal Data will be processed with your consent.
Scope of processed Personal Data
By giving your consent you are allowing us to process your Personal Data submitted by you in the registration form and provided to us in connection with your conference attendance including:
- Name and surname
- Telephone number
- Correspondence address
- Work position / Academic status
- Photograph or audiovisual image of yourself
Purpose of processing Personal Data
You give consent to processing your Personal Data for the purpose of organising the conference that you have registered for by sending your filled in registration form, and producing promotional photographs and audiovisual recordings from this conference.
By ticking the checkbox "Consent to receiving marketing materials (invitations to upcoming conferences, newsletter and the like)" your Personal Data data will be processed for the purpose of receiving direct marketing news (newsletter) including invitations to upcoming events.
Legal basis for processing Personal Data
The legal basis for processing your Personal Data is your consent to their processing given to us by clicking the respective checkbox in the registration form and sending the form.
Duration of processing Personal Data
Personal Data processing based on your consent will be performed by us for the time necessary to fulfil the processing purposes as specified in the consent and in any case for the period we are obliged to retain Personal Data pursuant to generally binding regulations.
Once you have effectively withdrawn your consent to Personal Data processing or withdrawn your consent for the purpose of receiving direct marketing news your Personal Data will be deleted in the contacts database immediately.
Withdrawal of consent
You may withdraw your consent to Personal Data processing at any time by sending your notice of consent withdrawal to our email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or to the address of our registered seat.
You also have the option of partial withdrawal of your consent to Personal Data processing.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
By virtue of giving consent to processing your Personal Data you agree with providing access to your Personal Data within the scope necessary for the fulfilment of their processing purposes to our Processors responsible for certain activities related to conference organisation and promotion and to other persons supplying services to SIA, mainly external partners providing accounting, legal, auditing and business consultancy services and others.
Your Personal Data may be disclosed to third persons where we are under a duty to comply with applicable regulations, in particular if requested by criminal law enforcement bodies, courts, other public authorities or other authorised persons.
Your Personal Data will not be disclosed outside of the European Economic Area; however should such action be inevitable in the future, we will adopt all necessary measures to safeguard your Personal Data and comply with requirements arising from applicable regulations.
When processing your Personal Data by our Controllers we will ensure that these persons (Controllers) process your data strictly on a contractual basis and their processing of Personal Data is in compliance with our instructions as well as the provisions of GDPR, Act on Personal Data Protection as amended and other applicable regulations.
B. Processing of your Personal Data when visiting the Portal
What Personal Data do we collect from you?
1. Personal Data that you provide:
You provide your Personal Data to us when you decide to contact us using our contact email available on the Portal or otherwise.
Any Personal Data provided by you is submitted on a voluntary basis and you are responsible for the scope of Personal Data provided to us. However, without providing certain Personal Data registration could fail or the resolution of your complaint or request could be deemed impossible.
You are accountable for the accuracy, completeness and veracity of the provided Personal Data and SIA will rely on the accuracy, completeness and veracity of such Personal Data. We hold no liability for any loss or damage that you or any third party may incur in connection with the submission of inaccurate, incomplete or false Personal Data.
2. Personal Data collected from your use of the Portal
Certain data that allow your identification indirectly may be collected by us from your use of the Portal. Such collected data may include:
- information and data from devices used to access the Portal including general information about your device;
- data logs representing data and information automatically stored by our servers each time you access the Portal (including IP address, sign-in time, data on hardware and software you use, number of clicks, pages that you viewed or their sequence and time spent on them and others);
- data on your use of the Portal;
The data mentioned above on their own do not enable the identification of a specific living natural person. The data mentioned above become Personal Data at the point when they are assigned to a specific identified or identifiable living natural person.
How do we process your Personal Data?
1. Portal operability, its improvement and optimisation
We use your Personal Data, including data collected when you are using the Portal specified above, for the purposes of Portal operability, its improvement and optimisation, for enhancing its comfort of use, ensuring technical support of the Portal, analytical and statistical metrics of Portal use, detection and prevention of Portal misuse (including fraud prevention, prevention of security incidents and other activities of the like), risk assessment and for meeting statutory obligations..
In this case the legal basis for the processing of Personal Data is our legitimate interest in ensuring full operability of the Portal and optimisation of its functionalities.
Your Personal Data will be processed for the time necessary to fulfil the processing purpose, in any case no longer than 5 years.
2. Responding to questions, comments, requests
We process your Personal Data limited to your name, surname, email address, telephone number and any other data you decide to submit using our contact email or otherwise for the purposes of contacting you, handling your question, comment or request, or engaging in other activities in the connection with your question, comment or request.
Your Personal Data will be processed for the time necessary to respond to your question, comment or request or to take other measures in connection with your question, comment or request, in any case no longer than 1 year.
Vaše Osobné údaje budú spracúvané po dobu, ktorá je nutná na zodpovedanie Vašej otázky, žiadosti alebo dotazu alebo pokiaľ budú urobené iné opatrenia v súvislosti s Vašou otázkou, žiadosťou alebo dotazom, avšak nie dlhšie ako na 1 rok.
3. Handling requests related to the enforcement of rights of data subjects under GDPR
We process your Personal Data limited to your name, surname, email address, telephone number and any other data you decide to submit using the Portal’s communication functions, email or otherwise for the purposes of evaluation, assessment, performance of activities, handling and informing you of handling your request concerning the enforcement of any right pursuant to Articles 16-22 of GDPR.
The legal basis for the processing of Personal Data is in this case is compliance with our regulatory obligation.
In this case your Personal Data will be processed and retained for a period of 10 years from the delivery date of the request.
Whom to do we disclose your Personal Data?
Your Personal Data will be disclosed to third parties in the following circumstance:
- if such obligation arises from applicable regulations, in particular if requested by criminal law enforcement bodies, courts, other public authorities or other authorised persons;
- •if necessary for the fulfilment of our obligations and enforcement of our legitimate interests, particularly to our legal counsel, advisors, auditors, IT services providers, marketing and advertising agencies and the like.
Transfer of Personal Data outside of EU/EEA?
We do not transfer your Personal Data outside of the European Economic Area and should this be happening sometime in the future we will ensure that any such transfer will be in compliance with conditions and standards prescribed by GDPR and the Act on Personal Data Protection.
Certain parts of the Portal
Certain parts of the Portal may contain links to websites and services of third parties neither owned nor run by us. We have no control over these websites or their services. These websites may be using their own tools for collecting information and data about you including your Personal Data.
C. Joint provisions on your rights related to personal data processing
1. The right to access
You have the right to obtain from us a confirmation as to whether or not your Personal Data are being processed, and, where that is the case, request access to the Personal Data (repeated access to the Personal Data may be subject to a fee) and the following information:
- the purpose of Personal Data processing;
- the category of processed Personal Data;
- the identification of recipient or recipient category to whom the Personal Data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organisations where possible;
- the period for which the Personal Data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
- the right to request from us rectification or erasure of Personal Data concerning the data subject or restriction of their processing, or the right to object to the processing of Personal Data;
- the right to lodge a complaint concerning the protection of Personal Data;;
- the source of Personal Data if they were not collected from you;
- the existence of automated individual decision-making, including profiling, in particular information about the logic involved, as well as information on the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing of Personal Data for the data subject.
2. The right to rectification
You have the right to obtain from us without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate Personal Data concerning you and taking into account the purposes of the processing you also have the right to have your incomplete Personal Data completed.
3. The right to erasure
You have the right to obtain from us the erasure of Personal Data concerning you if:
- they are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- you withdrew your consent to their processing and where there is no other legal basis for the processing;
- you object to their processing;
- your Personal Data have been collected unlawfully,
- the Personal Data have to be erased for compliance with GDPR, special legislation or an international treaty binding upon the Slovak Republic; or
- the Personal Data have been collected in relation to the offer of information society services from SIA referred to in Article 8(1) of GDPR (offer of information society services to a child).
4. The right to restriction of processing
You have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing of your Personal Data if:
- you contest the accuracy of Personal Data, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of the Personal Data;;
- the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of Personal Data and request the restriction of their use instead;
- we no longer need the Personal Data for the purposes of the processing but you need them for the exercise or defence of legal claims;
- you objected to processing your Personal Data pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds on our part override your legitimate grounds.
5. The right to Personal Data portability
You have the right to request to receive from us the Personal Data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format, and the right to request the transfer of those Personal Data to another controller provided that the legal basis for their processing is your consent or performance of contract while the processing is carried out by automated means.
6. The right to object
You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your Personal Data including profiling performed on the legal basis of our legitimate interest. Based on your objection we will evaluate whether in your specific situation the safeguarding of your legitimate interest, your rights and freedoms overrides our legitimate interests pursued by processing your Personal Data or whether legitimate grounds are the establishment, exercise or defence of our legal claims.
You have the right to object to processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to processing Personal data at any time. Consent withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of past processing of Personal Data based on consent before its withdrawal. Consent withdrawal does not apply to the processing of Personal Data performed on a legal basis other then your consent.
7. Right to remedy related to Personal Data protection
You have the right to remedy related to Personal Data protection by lodging a complaint with the Personal Data Protection Authority of the Slovak Republic or other supervisory authority in your place of residence.
D. Final provisions
All Personal Data collected and processed by us are protected by adequate technical means and security measures preventing unauthorised access to or misuse of Personal Data. We strive to improve and implement new administrative, technical and organisational measures on an ongoing basis in order to ensure relevant security of Personal Data.
By way of disclaimer all must be aware that despite all of our measures neither the transfer of data using a public internet network nor any storage of electronic data can be 100% secure.